Circle Cardiovascular Imaging has set new industry standards for best in class cardiovascular post processing software modalities. Our interest is to further develop competitive advantage through our products, people, and interactions with our customers. Reporting to the CSO Officer, the Research Assistant is to work in the centre for advanced cardiac imaging at Barts Heart Centre, St Pauls. As a Research Assistant, you will be responsible for preparing labelled bioresource data to be used for machine learning: (contouring and image classification), collecting and managing associated clinical data and collaborating with Circle Labs Machine Learning team on executing prepared scripts for ML.
- Exchange relevant information, relevant to the project both internally and externally: with CIRCLE CVI Inc., on-site staff, senior management and peers.
- Where appropriate to assist the supervision, training, expert advice and / or assistance to new members of the team
- Collect data and undertake any appropriate analysis of data as requested
- Maintain the long-term workflow of manual image processing in timely fashion
- Identify and manage practical issues in handling the large data sets
- Maintain appropriate databases, keeping accurate written and computerized records and to ensure that these records are stored in a secure place, and to maintain confidentiality of all electronically stored personal data in line with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
- Keep up to date with subject related and professional issues, in particular, developments in the specific subject area.
- To ensure that all research is undertaken according to good research practice and guidance.
- Comply with relevant College policies and regulations with due regard to harassment, equal opportunities, public interest disclosure, health and safety, data protection or any other rules, regulations or codes.
- Show a professional attitude to matters of laboratory hygiene, organization and safety, and to observe and to take an active role in fulfilling all statutory health and safety regulations.
- Any other relevant activities related to the project as appropriate.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected by the line manager or Head of Department.
- The duties of the post outlined above are not exhaustive, and the postholder will be expected to be co-operative and flexible, undertaking such administrative and other duties as may from time to time be reasonably expected of a member of research grade staff in a university.
- These duties will be subject to review in line with the changing requirements of Circle Cardiovascular Imaging Inc. and/or the School or College, and with the development needs of the postholder as identified through regular review/appraisal processes.
- Technical training in clinical (ideally cardiovascular) imaging or a related biological discipline with an understanding of cardiac anatomy and physiology
- Ability to analyse large volumes of data
- Ability to maintain accurate and up to date records
- Ability to organize and prioritise own work and organize research within the project timetable
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and co-operative
- Self-motivated and hardworking
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Willingness to work flexibly in order to achieve project demands
- Background in imaging or biological or physiological science.
- Experience in (ideally cardiovascular) clinical research and detailed knowledge of GCP
- Knowledge of Imaging Techniques, laboratory practice and techniques
- Experience in (ideally cardiovascular) image analysis
- Advanced Computer Skills such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, R, SAS) and scientific programming environments (Matlab, IDL, etc.)
- Experience in data handling, manipulation and statistical analysis
- Analytical skills
- Effective team working
- Undergraduate degree in relevant subject or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience
About the Company
Circle Cardiovascular Imaging Inc. is a Calgary based company that develops
analytics software for the evaluation of cardiovascular MR and CT images.
Circle Operates worldwide and has installations of their products
cmr42®, cvi42, and report42 in over
25 countries. Circle’s goal is to contribute to quality in cardiovascular
imaging and research, maximizing the achievable benefit for patients by
enabling healthcare providers to accurately and effectively analyze
How To Apply
While we thank all those who apply, please note that we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
No phone calls or unsolicited agency referrals, please.
Please send your resume with cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at the following address:
||+1 403 338 1895
Circle Cardiovascular Imaging Inc.
Suite 1100, 800 5th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, Canada